Porsche Cayenne GTS Launch
If you haven’t had the chance to check out the new Porsche dealership in Umhlanga then you are in for a real treat. They have spared no expense when it comes to the look and feel of their beautiful glass and streamlined building facade which is so fitting with the “out of this world” Porsche models on the showroom floor. The staff are professional and friendly, although these cars come at a hefty price tag it really isn’t an intimidating experience to simply drop by for a visit – even if, like me, it’s just to drool.
Being car enthusiasts we were delighted to be asked to cater for the Durban launch of the Porsche Cayenne GTS. For such an occasion we pulled out all the stops and made some mouth-watering canapes for the VIP guests:
- Salmon & avo, prawn mango & avo, vegetarian California rolls & fashion sandwiches on a bed of pickled ginger & wasabi
- Peanut chicken & julienne vegetable spring rolls with homemade pineapple & coriander chutney
- Mini Yorkshire puddings topped with seared beef fillet, horseradish and deep fried sage
- Smoked salmon with a lemon & dill cream cheese with chives on homemade bread
- Potato & mint samosas with chutney sambels
- Toasted brochette topped with pan-fried mushroom & fresh tomato with a pesto vinaigrette
- Fresh linefish cakes topped with roasted garlic aioli, peppadews & scallions
- Tandoori chicken skewers folded in homemade naan bread with Gujarati beans & spiced yoghurt dip
- Slow roasted lamb shredded on a bed of roasted Mediterranean vegetables with feta and tomato relish
- Grand brie cheese boards with jars of homemade melba toasts, poached pears, cranberry preserves & almond brittle
- Mini lemon chiffon cakes with a cream cheese icing & sweet lemon syrup.